Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What a bunch of WEENIES!


Last night we celebrated Halloweenie with our neighbors at our annual Halloweenie Weenie roast. The weather was perfect (last year we had to erect a last minute shanty-town out of tarps and bungee cords to protect ourselves from the downpour), the food was delicious and the spooks were fabulous. I cannot believe that in almost 4 years of searching for every excuse possible to set up a hot chocolate buffet, I have not (until now) discovered the fine twist of turning it into a "Witch's Brew Buffet". I pillaged my mom's cupboards for glass containers of all shapes and sizes, searched abandoned caverns, caves, and enchanted forests for the perfect ingredients, and voila! We were ready...







Greeted at the beginning of the buffet with the label "Moldy Graveyard Dirt....Add 2 heaping scoops to your brew, and be glad this dirt's not falling on you!" Our little gremlins then added tasty ingredients such as "Goblin Goobers", "Dragon Dung", "Eyes of Newt", "Chopped up Trick-or-Treaters", "Preserved Mummy Puss", "Ghost Poop" and "Monster Maggots" to their chocolaty fun. Combined with three swipes of a "Magic Wand Stirring Sticks", and the potion was complete. Every witch at the party was delighted by the concoction!





Even little Soren could not resist his first taste of buffet!
Here is Soren's little monkey friend. See a resemblance in the costumes? He would look this cute, had he not insisted on violently removing his cap and stomping it into the ground each time I placed it on his sweet little head.








Of course, no Halloween meal is complete without monster vomit,

Chilled brains,





and Bad Blood (I added dry ice for an even creepier effect...)






T'was indeed a frightful night with all of our favorite weenies!

No comments: