Thursday, November 8, 2012

Long Time No Post

It blows my mind that it has been nearly a year since my last post.  A lot has happened in the past 11 months.  Hopefully more make up posts will follow, but one big change was when I made the heartwrenching decision to leave the school where I had been teaching for 12 years in an effort to consolidate my life and actually (gasp) work in the same city as my home.  One of the best perks of my new school is that they celebrate Halloween in style...
 Admittedly, I spent WAY too much time creating this mad scientist cart and "Boo Bubble Machine", but come on - it's been three long years since my last school Halloween Parade - I had a little making up to do.  Soren was my "shrunken 5th grader" assistant.
 I spent the morning captivating my class with a bit of " Dry Ice Science", then blew a dry ice "Boo Bubble" for nearly each and every one of the 525 excited students who marched through my room.  Soren couldn't get enough of the smokey bubbles. 

Happy Halloween!

No comments: