Monday, January 1, 2007
Christmas Morning
Here is a photo of what our livingroom looked like after Santa stopped by on Christmas Eve. Ben and I had to force ourselves to go to sleep - It has been a long time since I've had trouble sleeping on Christmas Eve. I couldn't wait to see Abby and Isaac's reactions to the gifts Santa left just for them.
This is the view that Abby saw as she walked into the room, still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Ben and I had placed bets on what she'd notice first - the dollhouse, or the shovel.
The long-awaited shovel, of course, first drew her eye. I should explain here why there are four shovels. After her experience at the breakfast with Santa, Abby's little heart was set on getting a shovel for Christmas. She became very specific after many people questioned her about this unusual request. She wanted a blue, "Abby size" shovel that she could use to dig both in the snow and the dirt. Everyone told her that if she was really good, she would get a shovel. Well, our thoughtful little two-year-old decided that if she got a shovel for being good, Santa would give shovels to anyone who was really good. Every day she would say, "Isaac, if you're really good, Santa will bring you a tiny baby shovel." or, "Mommy, I hope you be good so Santa will bring you a mommy size shovel". We couldn't let her think we'd all been naughty...
But, after playing with each new gift for a few moments, Abby always made her way back to the dollhouse.
Our little elf Isaac, preferred his new Jumperoo.
Although Abby kept giving him his shovel.
Abby was amazed to see that Santa and his reindeer had really eaten their treats.
Grandma and Grandpa stopped by a bit later to give the kids even more presents...
(Note the look on Abby's face as she looks at her prized shovel.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment