Thursday, May 3, 2007

April Fools!

So I guess the joke's on me since it is now May 3rd and I'm just now publishing my photos from April Fool's Day. It was a very amusing day, in my opinion. Ben may feel otherwise, but since he never updates our blog, you'll just have to take my word for it.


Ben woke up to tantalizing smell of blueberry panckakes on the griddle and came to the kitchen with a smile on his face. But when he turned his back to the stove, I reached into the spice drawer and grabbed the first little jar I could find. Curry, perfect. I dumped half a jar of the savory powder in the batter and continued cooking. After one bite, he knew something was not quite right. All the maple syrup in the world couldn't mask the taste of my curry-cakes. After finishing his breakfast, Ben agreed to do the dishes. Only to be met with April Fool's Day trick #2: the classic "Rubber Band Around the Sink Squirter So it Sprays You in the Belly When You Turn on the Water" trick that my brothers couldn't get enough of when we were growing up.
Of course, I have to admit that I got myself twice before Ben approached the sink - and I'm the one who put on the rubber band!
By this time, Abby was getting into the whole April Fool's idea and wanted to play a little trick of her own. She pulled her doggie Halloween costume from two years ago out of the closet and told Daddy she wanted to go Trick-Or-Treating.
She tried on a few more costumes, decided on the leopard suit and she and Daddy went down the street, trick-or-treating all the way.

1 comment:

Aurelie said...

I haven't visited on blog in too long. i loved having my april fools trick or treater. I happily gave some mini m&m's out, half empty, happy april fools day.

Slick Rachel.