Friday, April 13, 2007
Tim Tam Slams
One of our favorite things to do when Ben and Tammy are here is have a good round of Tim Tam Slams. I'm guessing most of the people who read this blog are unfamiliar with this delicious little treat, so Tammy here will walk us through the steps.
First, you mix up a steaming mug of Milo (Australian hot chocolate). You have to have just the right ratio of water, milk, sugar and chocolate.
Next, you bite off either end of a Tim Tam (dangerously addictive Australian cookies).
Using the Tim Tam as a straw, you then sip (slurp) the steaming Milo up through the cookie just long enough for it to melt the chocolate wafers.
Finally, just as you feel the cookie turning to mush in your hands, you shove the entire cookie into your mouth for an incredible mouthful of rich, gooey chocolate. (I've yet to meet anyone yet who can do multiple slams in a row without having a comlete chocolate overload.) What a great tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Rachel - it has been a little while since I had some time to look at blogger - and what do I see - me! Scary! : )
I love that you documented the Tim Tam slam...what fun! We miss you guys so much! I really have this burning to come back and see you guys again! Of course we would have to bring the Holl-ster (one of our nicknames for Holly) and spend more time in your beautiful country! I would love to do a Christmas trip with Holly. Anyway, it was wonderful to see the Sundance and Tim Tam Slam blogs!
Love you guys! xxx
Who is the dude on the left? He is cute!
Post a Comment