After a leisurely lunch, we sat down on the couch and commented on how great it was that Abby and Luke are getting big enough to play together downstairs by themselves. "Listen to how quiet they are," said Tara, "this is great!" Not thirty seconds later, Luke came up the stairs and said, "I just have to wash my hands Mom." NOT exactly what we wanted to hear. We walked into the bathroom and discovered this guilty face, covered in paint.
Luke: "I didn't."
Tara: "Then who painted you?"
Luke: "Abby did."
We walked downstairs.
Me: "Abby, why did you paint all over yourself?!"
Abby: "I didn't."
Me: "Then who did?"
Abby: "Boy did it."
Me: "But Abby, you know that paint is only for paper."
Abby: "We did paint on paper, see?" (She held up a tiny envelope - completely saturated with green paint.) In their defense, it was the only paper in the room. They must have just wanted to explore another medium.
No comments:
Post a Comment