I was saddened tonight when I heard of the passing of my highschool friend, Bryce Brown. He has been battling cancer for 100 days, and succomed to the disease on Thursday afternoon. He leaves behind an amazing wife and beautiful baby girl. How my heart aches. I write this post in the hopes that a few more people might hear his story and be inspired by his life, by his goodness and his fight. His wife Tammy is incredible and has documented their journey on her blog:
www.brycedbrown.com Please, take a moment to read her comments. It will inspire you to be better, to love deeper, overlook the trivial, and appreciate every moment you have with those you love.
As I look at the picture of this beautiful family, I find great comfort in the knowledge that they will be united again. The bonds they have created are eternal. You changed me Bryce, thank you my friend. I look forward to seeing you again.
1 comment:
Rachel - when you first posted about Bryce, I went to their site and read some of their story and made me realise how scary this cancer is - my dad had a melanoma cut out of his forehead almost 10 years ago and the doctor told him that we (his kids) have almost a 90% chance of getting them. Here in Australia it is very common as we have such wonderful beaches everyone sun bakes...I have been so badly burnt as a kid from hours in the sun with no sunscreen - so it's a little scary.
I am very sad for you losing a friend...sorry.
It's sadder that he leaves behind a wonderful wife and a little bubby.
Your Halloween party looked like a lot of fun! I get a little jealous as we don't do Halloween here - it would be nice to do Halloween in the States some time! Maybe one day.
Take care - love you heaps. Tam
Post a Comment