Today I woke up with a strong urge to clean. By noon, I had already organized the toys in Abby and Isaac's rooms, completed three loads of laundry, folded the 5 loads of laundry that had been washed on Saturday and procrastinated until today, organized the mass of toys in our basement, washed the walls in the basement and vacuumed the entire house. I was on my way upstairs to tackle the bathroom and kitchen when I decided to get Abby and Isaac out of my hair for a few minutes by letting them play in the backyard. As sooon as I stepped outdoors, all desires to clean were immediately forgotten as we enjoyed a beautiful warm, sunny fall day. We called our friends the Pahnke's and organized an impromptu lunch and park trip. It was much more fun than cleaning.
At the park, we were greeted by a flock of grateful fowl.

Alison and Stuart loved feeding the ducks in the water.

While Isaac and Abby prefered to be right in the middle of the fun.

This is the first time Isaac has really caught on to the whole idea of feeding the birds and he loved every minute of it. He threw handfuls of Cheerios to the happy birds and squealed with delight as they battled it out over every last crumb.

He crawled around, chased the birds and would have gleefully joined them for a swim in the cold, murky water if his mean mommy had only let him.

After the Cheerios were all gone, we went running throught the trees, kicking, scooping, tossing and plowing the leaves as we went.

We played hide and go seek behind the big trees. Has anyone seen Abby?

Gotcha!


Isaac loved being a little "Leaf-plow", crawling through the leaves until the pile in front of his face got so big he couldn't stand it any longer.

Then he chose a more upright position.

What a fun autumn afternoon. Thanks Pahnke's!
1 comment:
Okay. I do have to apologize that I told you (after you were whining about how slow your camera was) that it wasn't a camera, it was a phone, because it took great pictures that I'm thankful to have. Today was a nice day. Thank you for turning it around for me.
Aurelie
Post a Comment