A few days before Christmas, Abby lost her third tooth. Fascinated by the idea of the Tooth Fairy running into Santa, she had been hoping her little tooth would hold out until Christmas Eve. Luckily, the tooth fairy read the hand written request tucked under the pillow that night and promised to return on Santa's big night. The day was filled with excited chatter about how big she was getting and how fun it was to lose a tooth. Of course, when my sweet, tactful daughter saw that the elderly woman at the checkout of a store we were visiting had lost a few teeth, she excitedly pointed out their common trait: "You lost a tooth!" She eagerly declared, "I lost one too...see?! Is the tooth fairy going to come to your house tonight too?" Ahhh, the joys of motherhood:)
Abby, Isaac and I spent the rest of the day playing and running errands together...relishing in the fact that they were out of school and I am off work for two whole weeks! Whoo hoo!
What a beautiful symbol of the true meaning of Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment