Thursday, July 22, 2010

Abby's Art Party (May 29th)

This week I find myself consumed with the exciting task of planning the ULTIMATE Space Ranger party for Isaac's 4th birthday on Saturday. This morning it dawned on me that I have yet to post pictures from Abby's birthday in May. It rocked. She planned it all by herself - Abby style. I was so proud of her!
Here's the incredible cake made by friends. It was almost too cute to eat!

Abby has really found her artistic side this year, so of course - she planned an Art Party. She chose all of the art projects and helped teach all of her little party guests how to create their own masterpieces.








As guests arrived at our home, they were greeted by a lovely easel and a gallery of Abby's favorite art pieces on our front door. Complete with titles and captions under each piece.

The following photos are a bit out of order - but each little artist was able to spend the entire 2 hour party creating and having an artsy good time!




Super Soren was a bit smaller then, and just spent the festive afternoon chillin' in the sling like a good baby.


The silly string game quickly turned competitive between the boys. I love this shot of little Tyson - that silly string doesn't always go where you're aiming!




































Our art table - artists were proud to display their masterpieces on their own personal easel.



This is a classic shot. The night before her birthday, Ben and I were telling Abby the story of the day she was born - complete with the detail that I labored fo 12 long hours and she didn't come out until 2:42 in the afternoon. She listened intently to the story and asked when we were finished, "So, my birthday doesn't really start until 2:42?" All morning, when people told her happy birthday, she responded, "It's not my birthday yet." Even Grandma and Grandpa in Madagascar were a bit confused on the phone. Ben happened to look at his watch right at 2:42 - Abby was thrilled!



Happy Birthday, my sweet Abby. I am so grateful for every moment you've been in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favorite little girl. Love you Abby. - Dad!