Monday, July 12, 2010

Um, better late than never...last day of school

Yes, I am trying in vain to catch up with some of the blogs I missed out on over the past few weeks. These photos were taken the last week of school. These two fine looking ladies were two of my wonderful room mothers at school this year. They were AMAZING and I still feel a bit gypped that I missed out on a few months of working with them. While I was in the hospital with Soren, they surprised my class with an April Fools Day party where they tricked the kids with all sorts of pranks - my favorite: meatloaf and mashed potato cupcakes. The kids thought they were so gross, that on the last day of school, when they offered them REAL cupcakes to celebrate little Soren - a good majority of the kids replied, "Er, no thanks." Here is yet another of my wonderful room mothers, who - sneakily spent hours and hours of her own time putting together the most incredible baby gift ever for my little boy...
These great ladies spent weeks having my students create a quilt for Soren, complete with matching pillows. They presented it to me on the last day of school, and of course - made me cry. What a thoughtful gift!


My students were SO proud to show off their art work and explain the meaning behind each of their pictures. Baby Soren loves his new quilt!

Another exciting end of year event: Abby's Kindergarten graduation. I can't believe my little girl is headed into 1st grade! Her class put on a darling program in which Abby performed as perhaps the cheesiest, most excited kid up there. It was adorable.






Unfortunately, at the end of the program, she discovered that her treasured graduation cap didn't quite fit - and refused to pose for pictures.





...so I wore it for her!





Here she is with Mrs. Bauer, her awesome teacher.







...and Eliza - cute little friend.



Farewell school - hello SUMMER!







No comments: