So, this evening we went to Target to buy a RED lightsaber for Isaac's buddy's b-day. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, we received a text that the birthday boy really had his heart set on a BLUE lightsaber. Grrr. We almost told our sweet friend "Tough luck", but then decided to go back in and make the exchange. As I had already unstrapped all 3 kids from the car, located every one's shoes, successfully navigated our troop through the entire store, resisted the pleas and begging as we searched up and down the toy isles, waited in line at the checkout, given everyone a drink at the drinking fountain, and strapped them all back into the car seats, I opted to wait in the car with the kids while Daddy ran inside. Just a few short minutes later, I get a text from Daddy containing this photo...
GUESS WHO WAS SHOPPING AT TARGET?
GUESS WHO WAS SHOPPING AT TARGET? CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!!!!
I've never seen my dear children exit the car faster. We gave Daddy strict instructions to not let Isaac's lifelong hero out of his sight and rushed inside the store. As we hurried in, Isaac was rattling on and on (at about 300 words a second) "I wonder what Captain Jack is shopping for...maybe a new compass, or boots, or a gun, or peanuts, or rum..." (Can't believe my kid knows the word rum...but that's another story.)
Turns out, he was just buying a Rockstar drink! Isaac rushed right up to the famous pirate and I asked Jack if he would mind posing for a photo with his biggest fan. He jumped down on one knee, took one look at out tow-headed boy, and said, "Well mate, I'm YOUR biggest fan!"


After the brief photo shoot, we tried to let Jack continue on in peace, but Isaac couldn't STAND the fact that we went out a different door. "But MOM -MEEEE!!!", he wailed, "I want to see the Black Pearl! I'm sure there's a river around here somewhere and he parked it! Let's follow him!"
Turns out, he was just buying a Rockstar drink! Isaac rushed right up to the famous pirate and I asked Jack if he would mind posing for a photo with his biggest fan. He jumped down on one knee, took one look at out tow-headed boy, and said, "Well mate, I'm YOUR biggest fan!"

After the brief photo shoot, we tried to let Jack continue on in peace, but Isaac couldn't STAND the fact that we went out a different door. "But MOM -MEEEE!!!", he wailed, "I want to see the Black Pearl! I'm sure there's a river around here somewhere and he parked it! Let's follow him!"
Okay, so I have to be honest - I kinda wanted to follow him too. So, we chased him down in the parking lot and Isaac jumped and skipped and hopped along with him. Turns out, Captain Jack has a land-lubber car too. A silver truck. Arrrgh! If only I had asked him if he does birthday parties. DOH!
As we finally got back into our own car and began driving home, Isaac was very quiet in the back seat. After a few minutes of thoughtful reflection, he said, "Mommy, going to Target is even BETTER than Disneyland!"
2 comments:
that is AWESOME!!! I agree with Isaac's statement....I.LOVE.Target
Argghh!! I be thinkin that you land lubbers be the luckiest in the 7 seas. What a good sport that Capn is and I can't wait to hear all about it Wednesday :)
Post a Comment