Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Fall, Y'all!

Happy Falliday!
Yes, today is the Fall Equinox; the first official day of fall. My kids have been talking about it for weeks! We LOVE fall!

At school today, I started off the day by brainwashing my 27 students into thinking that Falliday is indeed an actual holiday worthy of it's own unique celebration. We wrote autumn poetry, we did a little bit of Fall Art (you know how I love its abbreviation) and whipped up a triple batch of these corny little treats (donut holes, pretzels, frosting and toffee bits). By the end of the day my little subjects were shouting, "Happy Falliday" to everyone they could see on their way out the door.

Ahhh, the power of a teacher's influence...

1 comment:

Jacci Halliday said...

Falliday is coming...I can feel it. We can't wait! P.S.I will be making those fabulous falliday treats today.