Well, let's just say it didn't exactly work out that way. Below you will find a photographic summary of our evening...
As soon as the camera equipment was out, Ellie, Lauren, and Lexi decided they wanted nothing to do with this strange man out in the backyard. So we decided to start slowly with the few cooperating kids. Watch Abby's face for the evolution of a tantrum:
Abby: "Huh?"
Abby: "I don't think I like this."
Abby: "I see my mommy and she's not holding me."
Maybe you've caught on already that it was my kid causing most of the problem. Ben and I decided to try her favorite activity to cheer her up: "One, two, three, SWING!"
Maybe a quiet talk with Mommy will do the trick.
Abby: "Haven't I been through enough tonight?"
Conner: "I think I'll sneak in a quick smooch."
Lauren: "I don't care about bribes. I will NOT show my face."
Jack and Ellie: "One, Two, Three, LEVITATE!"
I should be fair, some of the kids were incredible and we did manage to get a few classic shots like this one.
Two hours, 215 photographs, and one incredibly patient photographer later, and we still didn't have the perfect shot. In the end, Ben worked some Photoshop magic and inserted happy faces to create the photo that is proudly displayed on Grandma's wall. I hope that after reading this blog, Grandma and Grandpa, you have a renewed appreciation for that gift. (Don't expect an updated one anytime soon...)
Two hours, 215 photographs, and one incredibly patient photographer later, and we still didn't have the perfect shot. In the end, Ben worked some Photoshop magic and inserted happy faces to create the photo that is proudly displayed on Grandma's wall. I hope that after reading this blog, Grandma and Grandpa, you have a renewed appreciation for that gift. (Don't expect an updated one anytime soon...)
2 comments:
I liked that sequence of shots! That was hillarious. Where is the end result that Ben put together?!
Hi Brooke,
I asked Ben for the file of the photoshopped photo - but I think he must have deleted the file. Trying to block out the memory of the evening is my bet...
-Rachel
Post a Comment