A few weeks ago, I took Abby to McDonalds for the first time. I had told her in advance where we were going and was a bit suprised by how excited she was to go. Once we stepped inside, I understood. She took one look around the bustling restaurant and said, "Mommy, where are da cows and chickens?" Even after a happy meal and 30 minutes in playland, she was still a bit disappointed that we hadn't eaten lunch at Old McDonald's Farm. So Ben and I decided to take her to a real farm for the very first time...
This little guy gave Abby a hearty welcome.


As soon as she saw the roosters, Abby broke into a run toward their coop shouting, "Cockadoodle doo! Cockadoodle doo!" at the top of her lungs. She stopped dead in her tracks, however, the second they responded. I guess she's never heard a
real cockadoodle before and wasn't quite prepared for its volume. With a little help from Daddy, she enjoyed looking a little closer.

No farm, of course, is complete without the cows. My favorite animal by far was this little calf. We found him outside the barn resting in the sun.


No, we aren't puckering up to smooch the cow, we're saying, "MOOOOO".

After overcoming her fear of the roosters, Abby was brave enough to pet the ferocious bunnies.

She and Daddy found some fun places to play.

There were plenty of horsies to talk to,

tractors to ride,

and trees to climb,

but in the end, we weren't suprised when her favorite discovery of all was the toolshed - chock full of
shovels.
No comments:
Post a Comment