Monday, April 21, 2008

Jammin' With the Girls

Yum. Strawberries....cheap strawberries! I love this time of year when the strawberries are cheap and canning supplies on sale! Today I spent a good majority of the day in the kitchen with two friends - letting our children run wild in the backyard while we washed, sliced, boiled and bottled batch after batch of sweet smelling strawberry jam. Yum. JennyJo and Krista were absolutely thrilled when I forced them to pose behind the fruits of our labors.
The kids, on the other hand were quite excited to see Ben when he arrived home from work. Starved for adult attention, they all bombarded him and giggled quietly on the couch while we finished up in the kitchen.
Here's to more jamming whenever the heck AURELIE DECIDES TO COME HOME!!!! (I love you, Aurelie...but get your sweet little self home. I miss you!)

4 comments:

Aurelie said...

What!?! That's it. I'm packing my bags and heading out. You can't jam without me!

Anonymous said...

See what you make me do to get your attention? Forget the bags...just come home. Your strawberries are waiting.

YbsisKaren said...

Where did YOU get YOUR strawberries? How fun that would be to make some jam. I haven't done that for years.

hilarie said...

Oh - I must have been busy that day. Or is it all of my children?

Just kidding!