Abby has been learning at home and in primary that a new prophet was recently called to lead the LDS church. I had told her that she would have the chance to raise her right hand during the General Conference Broadcast this weekend to sustain President Thomas S. Monson as our new prophet and president of the church. I didn't think she was really listening. But this Saturday morning, as she and Isaac were eating breakfast, I turned on the broadcast. She listened intently and kept saying, "Mommy, when is it time to raise my hand?" When the time finally arrived, she was so excited that she jumped up on her stool, thrust her little arm in the air and shouted, "YEA! We have a new Pwophet! We have a new pwophet, Mommy...YEA!" Then she jumped off her stool and attacked me with one of her most enthusiastic hugs ever. It nearly knocked me over.

Sometimes I'm amazed by the pure faith of these little children. This experience taught me how important it is to continue teaching the principles I believe in - no matter how young and oblivious my children may seem. At times like this, I realize they really do listen, and really do understand far more than I give them credit for.
I too, am very excited to have a new living prophet. After we raised our hands in the air - we grabbed Isaac and danced around the living room to Abby's chant, "Yea! We have a new pwophet!" How blessed we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment