Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July at The Cabin

This is my nephew Jack. As you can tell in this photo, Jack is truly one handsome, intelligent, funny, talented and fantastic kid! (I have to do a little complimenting here, as he is the ONLY one who is seriously considering making an offer on my recent "for sale" posting...) This is Jack's dad and my older Brother, Russ. Russ and my dad recently bought a cabin in Monte Cristo and we had the pleasure of spending the 4th of July weekend with the fam in this beautiful mountain retreat.
We had a great time playing together on the 4 wheelers...

and just hanging around, goofing off together.
Jackson has developed quite a talent with photography and enjoyed snapping these candid shots of his family. Here's his awesome mom Lisa (and the most compassionate, patient, creative, kind, sincere people I know)...come on, you know she has the final say in allowing Jack to make his purchase, a little sucking up never hurts.
" Papa" Ed, enjoying the crisp mountain air. Grandma.



Shortly after Jack finished snapping photos, Abby, Isaac and I invented our new favorite game: "Attack the Jack". Sure to become a cabin must.We also got to celebrate Conner's birthday in style. (He's the cute one in the hat.)



Abby and Isaac LOVED every minute spent at the cabin. They were busy the entire time - and insisted on exploring every nook and cranny of the new place. (Yes, even the knot-hole in the deck and doggy water dish MUST be investigated by my two little detectives.)
This cabin has everything you need...electricity, full kitchen and bath, plenty of playing and sleeping space, delicious spring water, a perfect deck, fire pits, a pond, 20 acres to explore, and easy, quick access to a gorgeous reservoir.




We even got to take a ride on Papa's Rhino. I had to laugh at this shot of Abby and Ben. Nice ski goggles daddy and enormous helmet there, kid! (Disclaimer: I may have laughed at Ben the entire time he drove the Rhino with those bright green goggles, but I was quickly humbled when I had to literally scrape a layer of chalky dust off my contacts after I refused to wear them during my time at the wheel... sorry Ben.)


Abby held on for dear life as we cruised around in this little buggy. 30 minutes into the bumpy, dusty ride and she was out.
Following a gourmet meal of tinfoil dinners, Jackson serenaded us all with his new favorite song, "Hey there Delila". I think we all fell in love with him just a bit more following his very serious performance.
Okay, so I tried to find a good campfire photo, because we had a great time roasting marshmallows, but in every single one, I'm putting something into my mouth. I guess I'm making up for the fact that I'm the only one in my family who likes roasted marshmallows! Are they all crazy? Or is it me?


Abby thought the glow-balls were pretty neat.
In the morning, my mom and I took the kids on a nature walk to pick wildflowers to press into our flower presses to help remember the trip.


Thanks for a wonderful weekend Russ and Lisa!






1 comment:

Ridges Gang said...

Let's go back up right now!! Seriously, you are making me "cabin sick." Thanks for an awesome weekend. We had a great time with your family and can't wait to do it again. We loved the pics!