Isaac's response: "YAY!!! I Wuv da dentist! I get to sit in da big chaiwr and watch a movie way up high whiwle he tickwles my teef!" Yay Yay Yay!"
Abby's Response: "NO! I don't want to go to the dentist!" She continued to fight and plead and beg and cry the entire. morning. long.
By the time we arrived, she had worked herself into such a panic that I swear she was convinced her life would end in that big blue dentist's chair with Dora the Explorer playing in the ceiling and a princess toothbrush in her mouth.
This explains why the only good photos of the whole episode were of Isaac - looking so big in that great big chair! (Abby was adheared to my side with no hope of removal.)
Undisturbed by his sister's nervousness, Isaac happily chattered on and on to the dentist despite all the hardware in his mouth.
Abby was a good sport in the end, and allowed the nice lady to brush her teeth while I held her on my lap. We counted that a success and she finally smiled! I thought it was because she realized that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. But she quickly corrected me and whispered forcefully in my ear, "MOMMY, I'm not smiling because I liked it, I'm smiling because IT IS OVER!"
The good news? No cavities.The bad news? We have to go back every six months.
No comments:
Post a Comment