Monday, August 31, 2009

Kindergarten Girl!

Today was Abby's first official day of Kindergarten! To say she was excited would be a MAJOR understatement. She's had her Hello Kitty backpack packed and sitting neatly in the corner of her room for over a month now (checking on it daily to make sure none of it's important contents disappeared). Last night she laid out the outfit she's been saving for the first day and practiced washing her face. (Apparently, that is a pre-requisite for entering Kindergarten.) She received her first back to school blessing from Daddy and went to bed SURE that the most exciting day of her life was ahead of her.

This is her standing in front of the building. If you look closely, you'll see the cheesy sharpie drawn heart that I drew on the palm of her hand - so anytime she missed me, she could peek and remember that mommy loves her. (Yes, we admittedly stole the idea from the Walmart commercial. Classy, I know.)

Our school mascot is the bobcat, and she's been singing, "Yay! I'm a Bobcat! Yay! I'm a Bobcat!" for two weeks straight. Here we are lining up with the rest of the class.


If you ask me, the best part of Abby being a kindergartner, is that I get to hang out with her every single day after school. She is my buddy who helps me draw smiley faces on papers as I grade them, run copies, write on the board, and get my room ready for the next day. I LOVE my little helper!

1 comment:

Handley Family said...

Way to go, Abbie! I can't believe that little girl is big enough to go to kindergarten. What an adorable little school girl you have, Rachel. She is too cute!