After much nagging, I fought off the urge to go to bed early, and finally sat down at the computer tonight to begin the process of sorting through the HUNDREDS of photos we took on our trip to Cali a few weeks ago in order to update this here blog. After spending an hour or so selecting my favorites from a file on Ben's laptop (a Mac), I eagerly removed the flashcard from his computer and inserted it into mine...without realizing that on Mac's you can't just pull the flashcard out - you have to "eject" it.
GRRRR! But here are a few of the photos I managed to transfer...just a little glimpse into the Happiest Family Vacation on Earth!

The drive down - leaving at the crack of dawn in the middle of a torrential rainstorm...kissing the foul weather goodbye and heading for the sunshine!

Our eager little passengers were CHAMPS on the drive both there and back. Way to go, Abs and IZ!
Pitstop midway through the drive...sometimes he prefers the privacy of his own back seat.

After 12 long hours...we arrive at Disneyland! YIIIIPPPEEEE!!!

The place was great - all decked out for Halloween...the greatest holiday ever!

Breakfast with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto.


Prison break.

Of course, the kids were into the whole magic of meeting all the characters...in their own homes!

This Bug Eye photo was taken just before the 3-D Bugs Life movie began. We ignored the warning signs that the movie may scare young children. "Our kids just got off Pirates of the Caribbean!" we thought, "No little bug could scare them after that..." Bad idea. Within thirty seconds, we had two kids screaming their little heads off and begging to leave. At least we got a funny photo...not sure it was worth it.

Hitting the beach after a long day with Mickey.

Of all the rides I carefully avoided due to my current "condition", who would've guessed the dippy "Ladybug Boogie" would be the one to
kick start the
prego-nausea once again.
Bleh...

Daddy and Abs,
dancin' in the street to the music of the parade. Just
dancin' because they could...just
dancin' because they felt like it and in Disneyland, nobody cares!

Showing the kids where I lived when I was a missionary. (No, not IN the temple, but in apartments just behind it.)

...I think we wore them out, just a little bit.
I make no promises as to the promptness of my next post...but it will come. This is just the tip of the iceberg...
1 comment:
Yeah, I should have saved my money, looks like you had a blast!! :)
Post a Comment