Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloweenie!

Halloween was indeed a time for celebration in our family. By the time the actual night rolled around, the kids had already been to 3 parties, been trick or treating three times, and each had scored at least double their weight in candy. I don't know why I ever buy candy to pass out - I really should just recycle theirs. We kicked off the weekend on Friday night at our Trunk or Treat. The kids had a fantastic time going from car to car and shouting, "Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet!" (Isaac learned that at preschool and thinks it is really the way things should be done.)
After the trunk or treating, we went inside for some good grub, good friends, and a children's costume parade. Abby found a cute little chick to hang out with.

On Saturday, Ben and I hosted our First Annual "Halloweenie Weenie Roast" and invited the neighbors to dine with us on the fine cuisine. There were weenies, of course.


A nice dab of goblin brains (relish) is a fine topping for any weenie.

For our side dishes we served chips and veggies dipped in partially digested monster vomit.




And to wash it all down, the hot chocolate buffet! New favorite mix-in discovery: cinnamon chips...mmmmmmm!
I found these color changers Cheetos to put out for the kids and thought it was a pretty funny trick to watch all the parents looking down at their little ghosts and goblins and wondering what on earth they were eating that was turning their lips blue. Of course, the trick backfired and the kid with the messiest blueface at the end of the evening was my own little pirate.
After dinner, the little spooks leaped, jumped, and dove into our humongous leaf pile.

Isaac, the gentleman pirate, waited anxiously to catch his mermaid princess.


We had a great time celebrating the season with our awesome neighbors. We couldn't have asked for better weather for a backyard bbq!
















After all the food and fun, we all hit the streets for dessert.

Of course, every kid has to dump their candy for inspection at the end of an evening of spooking...


Happy Halloweenie Everyone!

2 comments:

Shmacque said...

I am SO glad I got to see the Ketchup costume!! And how perfect for your party!! Seriously you are my idol!! Abby and Isaac you both looked great on Thursday, that was too much fun!! See you Tuesday little kiddies!!

Jacci Halliday said...

Best Halloweeny party EVER! Thankee for the parteeey! You are the best party thrower I have ever known I am thankful that I get to be a part of them. Even if I do invite myself to some of them. :)