Sunday, November 22, 2009

In hindsight...

We encourage creativity at our house. On any given day you can find masterpieces covering the kitchen table and taped to the fridge and walls, changing table pads turned into sleds and sent flying down the stairs, pillows and blankets turned into forts, food turned into poison, and siblings turned into royalty.

Abby typically is the leader in all of this commotion, so I was particularly thrilled by the conversation I heard Isaac instigating the other night while I was making dinner:

Isaac: "Hey Abby, wanna pway a game?"
Abby: "Sure."
Isaac: "Okay, it's going to be WEALLY fun! I have to change my cwothes firwst."

...a few minutes later...

Isaac: "I'm a pinata boy! I'm a pinata boy! ya ya ya ya ya, I'm a pinata boy!"
Abby and I were quite amused by his choice of a costume. He too thought it was pretty funny - until he handed Abby the light saber and insisted that she "Whack me!"
His exuberance for the new game was pretty short lived.

No comments: