One found me happily skipping into school dressed in shorts and flip flops, thinking it was still summer - only to be greeted by 30 5th graders and their parents, wondering why the room wasn't set up and why their teacher was totally unprepared. Another featured me, working my tail off to get the classroom all set up and ready, only to show up and find out my principal had decided to make a few extra bucks for the school by renting out my room as a showroom for a motor home salesman?! (I don't know where the heck that one came from, but I sure was ticked to see how that careless salesman had shoved all my neatly organized desks and supplies to the side to make room for his campers!)
Anyway, the day turned out to be better than I could have asked for. I do have a HUGE class -29 students, but they are darling and all seem to have a great attitude about school and are eager to be good. I had to laugh, however when, at the traditional Opening-of-the-School-Year Flag-Ceremony, a few of my fellow teachers started chuckling and pointing at my skirt... I looked down and noticed that I was right smack in the middle of a living nightmare...standing up in front of the entire school wearing the EXACT SAME THING AS THE TEACHER NEXT TO ME!!!! What are the chances of that?
I just think my friend Erin must have impeccable taste in clothing...wouldn't you agree?Yes, we got laughed at all day, yes the photo was taken for the school yearbook to be documented and scribbled upon by over 500 students and their families, but I have to say - out of all the nightmares I could have lived out... I'd take this one over the motorhome sales floor in a heartbeat.
2 comments:
now that is a good time!
you couldn't have planned anything better... I love it. You make such a statment in what ever you do. YOU go girl! I bet all the students just love you as their teacher. I would have liked one just as fun as you. In 12 years in a uniform, I can count on one hand the FUN teachers I had.
Post a Comment