Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I don't wanna hear it.

I know, I know, I know, I've neglected this here blog like crazy for the past few months. I have a million photos I'd love to post...each with it's own special story to tell of our crazy little family. I'd like to say that I'll tie myself down to my computer and update each momentous occasion from the past 3 months. But let's be honest, I'm a working mother of 3 little rascals and Christmas is a week and a half away. I make no promises. But today was a fun day; I'll start with today...


Abby and Isaac were both so excited that they couldn't sleep last night in anticipation of the big day ahead of them. Ben and I heard them whispering and giggling for well over an hour after they went to bed.

They both had reason to celebrate. Abby - because it was the day of the First Grade Winter Program in front of the Whole. Entire. School! She has been serenading our family with winter and holiday songs for weeks now. This was her moment to shine. Those little first graders with their lack of inhibition rocked the house! (Literally. Those six year olds can belt out a tune.) Abby was thrilled to be chosen to hold up the A.






I have to admit - I was that obnoxious mom who snaps a million photographs and cheers and whistles louder than the rest of the crowd. (One of my students politely pointed this out halfway through the program by saying, "Mrs. Lowry? You DO realize that you're the only grown-up in the room who is yelling and cheering, don't you?")






Abby was excited to perform, and Isaac was excited for the excuse to come to work with mommy so he could see his "Sissy Bum Bums" on her big day. (Yes he really calls her that. Yes, she likes it. Yes, he was right there with me screaming out, "YAY SISSY BUM BUMS! Loud enough for the entire school to hear.)


I wrote in my morning message to my class that a "Little Elf" was joining us...his name was "Isicle" and Santa had sent him as a spy. It didn't work. They were more hyper than ever. But Isaac loved the attention - and loved hanging out with his cousin Ellie who, (if I had been updating my blog I would have already mentioned) has the distinct honor of being a student in her FAVORITE AUNT's class this year:)





Isaac, feeling so big and important on his first day of fifth grade, forgot for a minute that 5th graders really should not be sucking their thumbs.




During silent reading time, he read a book to Ellie. I had to fight off the throngs of 5th graders who all wanted Isiscle to read to them.









My class has a little tradition of giving other classes a "BIG HAND" poster when they do something amazing. Abby has seen us create these masterpieces, and was quite proud that her class had finally earned their very own.


Way to go little Abby!

No comments: