Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kitchen Help

Ben has been extremely busy for the past month. He has been working until midnight (or later) 5 nights a week, so the kids and I have been on our own. I must have the best kids in the world, because somehow without me even needing to ask, they've started helping out A LOT around the house. They now proudly help prepare the meals and set the table for dinner, then clear their dishes when they're done. The other day we were on our way home from the grocery store and Soren was REALLY tired. I pulled the car into the driveway and left the groceries in the trunk while I went into the nursery to care for my little grump. By the time he was settled into his crib, Abby and Isaac had single-handedly unloaded all of the groceries from the car, taken them out of the bags and put the everything away. They even recycled the grocery bags! I was amazed by their ability to know where everything goes and am proud to announce that not a single egg was broken. What great kids. (Who have apparently been majorly holding out for a long time...) Last week they decided to take the clearing of the table to the next level. They worked out a great system of dish washing - with the taller of the two climbing up on the counter to do the rinsing, and Mr. Shortie taking the rinsed dishes and loading the dishwasher.


Thank you, Abby and Isaac! What would I do without you?
Now, if I could just get them to do diapers...

No comments: