Monday, December 10, 2007

Let There Be Light

This year I was determined to wrap our trees in lights myself. For two years, Ben has done this task and done a great job, but I'll admit, I've given him a hard time for not going high enough, irregular spacing, etc. I happily climbed up in the tree, used double the amount of lights as in years previous and was meticulous about spacing. I even checked each strand of lights (bulb by bulb) to make sure they were working properly.
Unfortunately, I neglected one important detail - I guess there's a limit to how many strands you can run together off one power soure. When the moment of truth arrived, only half my lights worked. I was humbled. Ben was very kind and never said, "I told you so", just quietly undid my hours of work and repaired my lights fiasco. Thanks Ben - I'll never complain again.

Coming soon - a photo of the lights at night...
A friend sent me the following quote a few days ago. I find it particularly applicable here.
"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." (Maya Angelou)

No comments: