Friday, December 7, 2007

Trimming the Tree

This year marked the first year in the Lowry home with an artificial tree. At first, the sentimental side of me was a bit disappointed, but now that it's been up for a week and I haven't had to vacuum up any pine needles (I've seen how hard Isaac pulls on those boughs), poured any water in the thing or tried to get sap out of my tree skirt, I'm over it. Plastic ROCKS!
We had a great time trimming our tree. Correction: Abby, Daddy, and I had a great time trimming our tree. Isaac had fun pulling all of the ornaments off the bottom of the tree and sending them sailing down the stairs. If you visit our home over the holidays and think our tree is a little top-heavy, you'll understand why we had to move everything up a little higher.
Abby listened very attentively as I explained the memories behind each of our special ornaments.
Isaac thought it was pretty fun looking in my hands to find the ornaments I picked up off the floor at the bottom of the stairs.
"What do you expect Mommy, these ornaments are just way too tempting."

No comments: