The time has come for me to make a confession. For over 20 years, I've had a secret desire which I dared not reveal to even my closest of friends. As a teenager, I sat through the commercials;
listening to the scoffs and scorns of friends who just didn't understand. I've been to many a white elephant party and watched in silence as the object of my desire was mocked and tossed thoughtlessly aside...its full beauty completely overlooked. I've never understood why so many people take for granted the sheer brilliance of molded
Terracotta plastered with slimy seeds just waiting to burst into thick, lush, green fur! Yes, for years I've been too proud to admit it, but I will be a coward no longer. I present to you my very own, very first,
Chia Pet.
Laugh if you must, but I know that deep down, you possess a desire to watch this little Panda's rounded tummy burst forth with thick, lush, green "fur". I made a vow to myself to not allow my children to miss out on the whole
Chia experience. Isaac, as this photo
proves, is truly his mother's son.

Abby was anxious to present Panda with his very first valentine.

Although I still dream of watching the green hair grow atop the bald head of the original
Chia Man, I feel a little more complete now that Panda has come home.
(...and for all of you Closet Chia Fans out there...they're on sale right now at JoAnne's for $4.99. Follow my example; free yourself from the fear of ridicule and enter the world of Chia Magic!)
No comments:
Post a Comment