Yesterday my little boy reached yet another milestone. We've been searching for nearly six months for a bunk bed and on Monday, we finally found just the one. Yesterday, Abby, Isaac and I took down the crib. We had to get one farewell shot just before we packed it up for baby number 3. (No, this is NOT an announcement.)
Abby seemed to have caught a little of my sentimentalism and was sincerely a bit sad to see the baby bed go and realize that our little guy was growing up. Isaac, on the other hand...

After we dissembled his bed, we put Isaac down for a nap in my bed and Abby and I got to work. In no time, we had taken down the baby curtains, taken the baby decals off his wall, assembled the bed and transformed his nursery into a BIG Boy Room! (Okay, minus the changing table. We haven't even thought about attempting the potty training thing yet.)

He woke up just as we fitted the final piece into place. Boy was that kid excited to touch the ceiling!

He checked out every nook and cranny in lightning speed.

Together, the kids played and played and played for four hours - who needs a jungle gym?

When bedtime actually rolled around, they had to check out both beds. Together.

I'll admit, it was a little sad to put away the crib. And as Ben and I checked on the kids before we went to bed, we chucked at how tiny he looked all snuggled up in that big huge bed. I just adore that little big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment