But tonight at tooth brushing time, I couldn't stand it. I convinced her to allow me to give it a gentle tug, and...POP! Out it came.


I can't believe my little girl is big enough to loose teeth! As we examined the tooth, Isaac jumped off the chair and began dancing around the room singing, "Abby wost hewr firwst tooth! Abby wost hewr firwst tooth!" We were all a little excited.
After crying because her mouth feels so funny, Abby perked right up when she realized what happens next...


Sappy mommy moment: As I was helping Abby draft her letter to the tooth fairy asking her to please leave the tooth behind so she could keep it, I paused for a minute to realize how incredibly grateful I am for little moments like this. Out of all the things I could be doing with my life right now, there is none more fulfilling than creating memories like this together. Being a mommy is the most amazingly incredible experience - I love how it forces me to slow down, prioritize my "to do" list, and realize what is really the most important.
No comments:
Post a Comment