It's official. I am the mother of a graduate. A preschool graduate. Abby and Isaac's preschool had a cute program on Friday to celebrate the ending of the school year and the advancement into kindergarten.

All of the kids lined up to show off their moves with their awesome teacher, "Miss Jeri." Even the little ones participated...

When I helped them find their places just before the show, Abby whispered in my ear, "I'm a little nervous." Isaac didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal...


I swear that kid yawned 18 times during the 15 minute program.

The kids did a darling job, and had all the parents cracking up at their zealous singing and hand actions. And for the finale: the graduates!

Miss Jeri is so great. She spent days frantically sewing up these adorable little graduation gowns for the kids, ordering graduation trophies, and preparing a little spotlight to introduce each of the kids on their big day. All of the preparation made the kids feel super special, and made it a day they will not likely forget. We love you Miss Jeri!

Of course, Grandma and Grandpa were there to celebrate with us.

After the program, the high school aids threw one great carnival!


I can't believe my baby is headed off to kindergarten!

To celebrate her special day, we met up with a few cousins and cruised good old Main Street in Bountiful for their annual "Sidewalk Chalk Festival". Confession: My sister
Steph has been inviting us to this festival for years now, and in the back of my mind I've always thought, "
Whooppee...walking down the deserted main street of B-town to look at a bunch of smeary, dusty kid-drawn pictures on the sidewalk?" Boy was I ever wrong. The art was AMAZING!!!

Artists of all ages gathered to create works of art on the sidewalk. I even ran into one of my cute former third graders (now a sophomore in high school), showing off her artwork as her final project for art class. Way to go,
Kiley! (And Kristen, I don't care what you say about me being ancient if one of my former students is already a sophomore. I may be old, but I'll ALWAYS be younger than you!)


Neighbors? What do you say,
Mountair Acres Sidewalk
Chalkart festival summer '09? I can bust out some pretty nice polka dots...
1 comment:
A mountaire acre art festival sounds delightful. That isn't why I'm posting though.
I'm calling you out on the claim of your ability to do polka dots. Really, Rachel? Polka dots.
Post a Comment