Tuesday, May 18, 2010

You may think I'm crazy, but...

We're going cloth around here!
Soren may hate diaper changes, but I'm sure he's going to grow to love these cute diapers!


I know, I know, it sounds weird. I thought so too at first. But the more I think about it, the better I feel about putting these super soft, moisture-wicking diapers on my baby's bottom. And cloth diapers really have come a long way from the days of pins, plastic pants, and soaking soiled rags in the toilet...yuck!
This post is really for my awesome Madagascar Momma who wanted to be a part of her grandson's life even though she's on the other side of the world and bought us our starter set. This is significant because she lived through cloth diapering 5 children and remembers what a luxury it was when disposables finally came around. She wondered aloud why anyone in their right mind would go back in time - but wanted to support my craziness. We miss you Grandma! But it should certainly warm your heart to know that I think nice happy, grateful thoughts about you each time I change a poopy diaper!
We're giving it a go and three days into it...we're loving it! (although Ben has yet to get near the changing table...)

1 comment:

YbsisKaren said...

The best part of you is that you ARE a little crazy. It makes for the best parent. How fun to get diapers from across the world. Go Grandma.