On the Monday before Thanksgiving, we had an "I am Thankful" family night. We cut out a big paper tree and taped it onto Abby's bedroom door. Next, we traced our hands on colored paper and wrote what we were grateful for on each hand. We tried to teach Abby that this holiday is about more than just stuffing your face, but we're not really sure she got the idea.
Her list: I am thankful for... Owies, toys, stickers, Isaac, and yucky stuff.
Isaac's List: I am thankful for...milk, mirrors, and "Zippity Doo Dah"
Daddy's List: I am thankful for... Mommy's hard work, Abby, and Isaac
Mommy's List: I am thankful for... Daddy, Abby's songs, Isaac's drooly smiles, and our warm, cozy house
Abby had a great time playing with the hands on the tree and insisted that any visitor to our home trace their hand and add a leaf to our tree.

No comments:
Post a Comment