The folowing photographs were all taken within our first hour at camp...
Here's Aunt Steph and Grandma - posing for the camera.
Cousin Megan, the leader of the pack...
Lexi was happy to ride on Kristen's back...
Kristen, Lexi and Lauren performing "I'm a Little Teapot" (Or something like that?)
Cousin Ellie
LaLa

Finally, it was bedtime. We were all in much need of a good night's sleep after all of the days activities and Abby and Isaac were thrilled to get into the tent.

No photos exist of the rest of the afternoon's activities, I was too busy keeping Isaac from eating pinecones, setting up the tent, unpacking the car, picking Isaac up out of the dirt, hauling dinner to the table, and digging rocks out of Isaac's mouth to get much camera time in.
And then it was dinnertime. I was so busy trying to get Isaac to prefer food over rocks, that Abby found a quieter place to enjoy her meal.
Unfortunately, Isaac didn't get the idea that we were supposed to SLEEP in the tent. He spent about an hour crawling and squealing around our new home. When I finally put him down in his pack-and-play - he immediately stood up and started bounding with delight. Needless to say, it was a long, long, LONG night. Isaac was up at least once every half hour, wanting to be snuggled in just the right way.
I must admit, I was pretty happy to see the sunrise in the morning. After only a few hours of very interrupted sleep, my dad offered to take Isaac on a 4 wheeler ride while I cleaned up camp and prepared for home. Of course, Isaac fell right to sleep...
Why couldn't he sleep like that in the tent?
As I packed up the amazinly huge pile of junk we needed for a simple overnight camping trip, filthy, exhausted and admitedly a bit grumpy, I humbly came to the realization that camping is not quite the same when you have two little ones.
Lesson learned: Daddies are pretty handy to have around on camping trips.
No diet coke was consumed...
No comments:
Post a Comment