Friday, July 6, 2007

Princess Abigail's Third Birthday

Okay, okay, it has been a ridiculously long time since my last post. For all our loyal blog-checking friends, my sincerest apologies. After reading this post, however, you will understand that I've been a bit busy keeping the royalty happy.

On Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 Princess Abigail Jayne Lowry turned three years old. We celebrated by throwing a party fit for a queen. Abby helped with every step of the planning process from the guest list, to the invitations, to the games and menu, and it turned out to be a great success. Fueling her obsession with princesses, we decided to throw a "Royal Celebration for Princesses and Knights." Each young guest received a Royal Proclamation summoning them to the event where they enjoyed making their own crowns, bobbing for poisoned apples with Snow White, digging for buried treasure in Ariel's Treasure Hunt, dancing in funky shoes at Cinderella's Ball, Jasmine's Magic Carpet Ride, Stick the kiss on the Frog Prince, and jousting fire-breathing dragons while riding their trusty steed.
The festivities concluded with a royal feast and pinata. Abby only had one birthday-girl tantrum, so we counted the day a success.



On a personal note, it is hard to believe that three years have already passed since I first held this sweet little girl in my arms. I thought at that moment I couldn't possibly love her more than I did when she was a sweet, peaceful little newborn, but it just keeps getting better and better. I am so proud of what a beautiful, creative, goofy kid she is growing up to be. Every day is an adventure as we re-discover the world through Abby's eyes. We love you Abby!

1 comment:

Tammy Myers said...

Hey Rachel - it looks like Princess Abby had a wonderful time! You guys are so creative - love it!
Hope you are all well! Love you lots from Down Under! xxxx