Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Reunited (...and it feels so good!)

Yesterday, in an attempt to escape the smoke and heat of the valley, we headed up to visit "Boy" and his family in Heber. Even though Abby and Luke don't see each other very often now that they've moved, they still remain the best of friends. (The other night Luke's mom woke up to hear him sobbing in his bed in the middle of the night. Thinking he must have had a nightmare, she went in to console him. He cried over and over, I want Abby, I want to play with Abby.) The toddler brainwashing I've been working on is totally working - they both are convinced they're going to get married when they're bigger.

We had a great time playing in Luke's grandpa's incredibly perfect backyard. The duo jumped on the tramp while I had a quick photoshoot, trying to capture the beautiful blue sky we've missed so much in Salt Lake.
(Ignore the helmet, she's a bit obsessed with it.)
Abby's been begging to ride bikes with Luke ever since she got hers for her birthday.
(I think Luke was a little excited too.)
Then they cooled off by running through the sprinkler with little Caden.
But perhaps the greatest fun of the day was playing with Luke's new teeter-totter that his aunt gave him for his birthday. I think the drive to Heber was worth it, just for that!
Thanks for playing with us Tara, Luke and Caden. See you again soon!

No comments: