Today was Abby's very first day of Ballet class. She has been so excited that she's been leaping and gliding all around the house for days. I was worried that she would be shy and timid at class, but my little girl pulled through. She begged and begged and begged me to let her sleep in her leotard and ballet slippers last night so she'd be all ready for class today (even though it didn't begin until 6:00pm).

Her teacher was wonderful and the other little girls darling. Abby was thrilled when she learned that her teacher's name is Rachel - she felt instantly at home and tried VERY hard to do exactly what she was told.

Including standing on her tiptoes the ENTIRE time, just because the teacher asked. (I admit it was quite entertaining to watch her start running across the room, remember she was supposed to be on her tiptoes, try to adjust mid-step and trip...over and over and over. It's hard to be obedient
all the time.)


Her favorite part was dancing in a circle together with fancy scarves, pretending to be snowflakes.

Okay, parental confession - I totally got choked up watching this half- hour lesson. Abby just looked so tiny out there, trying so hard and obviously so proud of herself. She kept catching glimpses of herself in the mirror and pausing to pose. It's hard to believe she's big enough to be my little ballerina!
1 comment:
I love that Abby is in dance. I am with you on the idea of them being much too little to be dancers. But it is too fun! Yea for ballerina's!
Post a Comment