
I've long known that Autumn is my favorite season. I love the crisp, cool days when it feels so nice to snuggle into a soft warm sweater and wear socks again for the first time since spring. I love the rainy days that welcome in the season and leave everything fresh, sparkling and smelling like pumpkins, leaves and apples - ripe on the tree. I love the crunch of acorns underfoot and can never get tired of walking through the fallen leaves. And don't even get me started on the appetizing fall recipes! Homemade grape juice, pumpkin cookies, roasted pumpkin seeds, peach cobbler, caramel apples..mmmmm.
So, in honor of this, the first day of Autumn, I planned a party. I had elaborate plans of leaf art, homemade place mats, carving pumpkin stamps, jack-o-lanterns and yummy food. We invited a few friends over, Grandma and Grandpa drove all the way out from Bountiful (with a 4 foot long zucchini to add to the bbq) and the party got started.
In the end, we had some good food, the kids had a blast just playing outside together, and everyone took home a pumpkin straight off the vine. All the elaborate plans, and Abby sat at the kitchen table with a sharpie for a few minutes and was THRILLED with the results.


Isaac was pretty happy about his pumpkin too, but instead of decorating it, he decided to...
lick it!
So, happy "Fall-iday" everyone!
Only 39 days to Halloween, and we plan to celebrate every single one of 'em!
1 comment:
Okay, that picture of Isaac with his tongue is priceless!!! What an adorable kid!
Post a Comment