Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Falliday Catch-up (Days five, six, seven, eight and nine...but who's really counting anyway?)

For those of you wondering what has been happening to our Fall-iday celebrations, I do apologize for the recent neglect of my blog. Mr. Flu Bug invaded our household and put a damper on our festivities. Both kids were down with fevers, upset tummies and nasty colds all weekend, so we spent our days snuggled up in the house - sipping homemade grape juice,reading books and watching movies. Isaac spent the entire weekend with his bunny.

Yes, this is the very same bunny my neighbor gave us in the spring.

Yes, the thing is three times the size of my son.

Yes, the thing is BRIGHT pink.

Yes, he insists that we take it EVERYWHERE. Walks - it sits in the other side of the double jogger, in the car, to the grocery store, to the park. At first our neighbors thought we were just on our way home from a carnival or something, but now I think they think we're just a bit weird.

This bunny, sadly to say, was also sick and I must confess that I succumbed to the pleas of my little boy who was very concerned about his, "Bunny. Sick." I took Bunny's temperature, fed Bunny medicine, wiped Bunny's nose, and even changed a few bunny diapers before the weekend was over. Now, I know that this blog has colored a pretty wild picture of my little boy - he's the crazy one who never holds still, gets into everything, is a walking mess and likes to destroy anything in sight. All of that is true, but this weekend I must admit that I relished a bit in the "other side" of my sweet little boy. The snuggly, thumb-sucking, sensitive child who has a soft spot for twirling his fingers through Mommy's hair, and, of course, pink bunnies. The clincher was the other night when he woke up crying in the middle of the night. Usually Daddy is a sport and gets up with him, but as he's been out of town on business - I got up and went to snuggle my boy back to sleep. When I picked him up, all warm and sweet smelling and went to go snuggle him in the rocking chair, he pulled his little thumb out of his mouth just long enough to whisper, "Bunny, Momma." and then start slurping again. I said, "Do you want your bunny to snuggle you tonight?" "Yup" was his simple reply. I got that enormous bunny, put it in his bed and Isaac was sound asleep before I could get to the door. I tried not to take it personally.

Today was the first day my kids really felt up to celebrating the season again. I let Abby choose our activity...shopping for Halloween costumes! This is NOT Abby's costume. This is a dress up. Go ahead and ask her - she'll set you straight. She is still debating between a princess and a monster. We'll see which one wins out.
But we did find a darling little skunk costume for Isaac. He loves it so much that he danced around all night in it. Hopefully I'll get him to hold still in it long enough to snap a better photo than this before Halloween actually rolls around.


Goodbye September. You've been great - but bring on OCTOBER! Only 31 days to go...

1 comment:

Aurelie said...

You've really been a blogging nut lately. You know nothing makes me happier than seeing my friends celebrating falliday, except maybe Isaac sleeping with the giant pink bunny. I'm so glad he made it back to your house. I think its true, absence makes the heart grow fonder.