I took a closer look, and sure enough - each cup had a neat little soy bean pod placed on top of the ice - floating gaily in the cool, refreshing water. Turns out, I must have stored some endamame on top of the ice when space was tight in the freezer. Apparently, I forgot about the package until it was buried under layers of new ice. Tonight, on the first day of October, my sister came over with her daughter and hit the mother load. "October Fools!" I called out cheerfully as she stared at her glass in disbelief.
I think I should start charging people extra for the "protein water" I'm serving at my house these days.So, I have to apologize for the poor quality of these upcoming photos. Ben took my good camera with him on his business trip, so I've been relying on the trusty old camera phone for the past 4 days.
Today's Falliday celebration: exploring the fall colors at Sugarhouse park!

Cousin Ellie joined us for an afternoon of gathering bright fall leaves, weaving them into little boats, adding sails and sending them free down the stream.
Ellie became a pro "sail maker" in a matter of minutes.
Abby took on the job of setting each little boat free (and I promise I did not dip her shirt in radioactive liquid.)
Isaac was in paradise throwing stuff into the water and watching it sail away. He didn't even try once to jump in himself. My little guy must be growing up!My sister Steph joined us as we concluded our evening of fall fun at Soup-n-Salad. All you can eat ice cream - mmm mmm!

No comments:
Post a Comment