Sunday, October 19, 2008

2nd Annual Halloween BASH!

This weekend our family celebrated the three most beautiful letters in the English alphabet: U E A! Now, I could have been a good little teacher and attended the two days of workshops that enticed the teachers union to give us the days off... but what fun would that have been? Instead, we took advantage of the days at home and planned our annual knitting group Halloween party. This little stinker was thrilled.


On Thursday, we spent a beautiful sunny afternoon decorating the backyard. Abby was particularly proud of her ghosts that we spookily dangled from the tree in our backyard. On Friday morning, the neighborhood spooks arrived and the fun began! Abby (a.k.a. Tinkerbell) dazzled the crowds by tossing fist fulls of "pixidust" (glitter) on the trampoline while everyone bounced. She wasn't the only Tink at the party. Meet Tink, and Baby Tink.

Anyone who is anyone was sportin' wings at this party.

All the little monsters had a great time playing with slime....

Swinging in the swing...

Making spooky crafts...


and painting pumpkins.
Speaking of pumpkins, this "Little Pumpkin" was the hit of the party...and the only other adult to wear a costume besides me. Nicely done, Martin!



Who says Halloween is just for the kids? After an hour or so of activities, our guests were ravenous. Of course, they were treated to a fresh batch of "Rachel's Revolting Recipes". (I must confess,this is the whole reason I have these parties - I love any excuse to force my kids to eat brains, vomit and the likes.)

This year, I added a few new recipes...


Goblins

Goblin BrainsThe ever classic Monster VomitJellied Frankenstein HandsChilled Vampire BrainsThe main course? Mummies, of course! (ha ha)

It seems we failed to take a picture of this years wrappings, so let me refer you to last year's delights.


Oh, and don't forget a little somethin' to wash it all down.
As I was rattling off the menu to our guests, Abby came quietly up to my side and said, "Mommy? What are we REALLY having for lunch?" My reply? "Mummies, vomit, brains, and blood, sweetie...make sure you eat it all up!"
She seemed a bit hesitant at first... but now giggles her little head off each time she offers a visitor some Red Blood to drink.
After lunch, the fun continued.







We finished up with quick game of "Wack a kid" - some may call it a pinata, but it seems like knees and heads got wacked more than than poor little Casper here. All in all, it was fun morning. Thanks to all the friends and neighbors who came to celebrate the best holiday ever in our haunted backyard. Even Isaac's Bunny had a fantastic time.

See you again next year, if you dare....




2 comments:

Ben said...

Looks like it was a great party once again. Rachel you know how to put on a great party!

YbsisKaren said...

If my Mom were the BEST, I'd claim you as my BEST Mom. You ARE the coolest one though. I love your parties. When is the next one?