
This year, people really went all out in decorating their trunks.




Our bishop painted his entire "Hippie Mobile" for the occasion!
Even Nemo couldn't stay away from this party! (Thanks again, Lisa!)
After the treats had all been passed out and the kids had worked up a good appetite (by making the rounds - most being sure to hit each trunk at least three times), we went indoors for soup, rolls, homemade root beer, a hot chocolate buffet and creepy desserts. The cultural hall was packed! But we cleared out enough room to have a children's parade so the little ghosts and goblins could show off their costumes. Guess who got to lead the parade?

Yup, those are my kids...one of them so deliriously tired (coming down off his sugar high with a thud), sucking his thumb and playing with his hair the entire time, the other one sticking her tongue out at anyone who dared tell her what a cute little witch she was. I couldn't have been more proud.

Yup, those are my kids...one of them so deliriously tired (coming down off his sugar high with a thud), sucking his thumb and playing with his hair the entire time, the other one sticking her tongue out at anyone who dared tell her what a cute little witch she was. I couldn't have been more proud.
Just a side note to those of you out there who tell me that I only post the happy things, making my life seem like it's chock full of sunshine, bunnies and bliss...
Ben and I decided that happy kids were a priority that night, so rather than force little Isaac to eat a healthy dinner before diving into his candy bag - we each indulged him by opening candy wrappers and handing them back to him whenever he asked. (Failing to communicate between each other how much candy the kid was actually consuming. The smart little kid was alternating between parents hoping we wouldn't catch on. He won.)
At precisely 3:30 this morning, Ben and I awoke to ear-piercing screams from Isaac's room. Ben was a sport and went up to see what was wrong. Seconds later, I hear his (Ben's) frantic cries from the stairwell. "I'm going to need your help with this one...I've never seen this much poo in my life!" The poor kid. I guess chocolate really can act as a diahrreatic - I arrived upon the scene just in time to see Ben setting down the scissors (he literally had to CUT Isaac's pajamas off him, rather than pull them over his head and further the mess). After a bath, we put him in clean jammies, started a huge load of laundry and settled back into bed. We took Isaac into our room since he was so upset.
I was just drifting off into a nice, warm sleep with my clean, sweet-smelling boy snuggled up on my chest when I heard "the cough". Those of you with children know exactly which cough I'm talking about, the one that precedes the vomit? Yep, that's the one. Ben and I both jumped up in lightning speed - but we were too late. We were covered. So, it was back to the cleaning, the changing, the piles of laundry... Yuck.
He woke up early this morning happy as a clam, asking for more candy.
Ahhh, Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment