Holiday Highlight #1 - Skiing with the Fam.
Ben has been able to take quite a bit of time off work this week and we've taken full advantage of the extra Daddy time - snowboarding together with no kids on Tuesday (boy, did that feel good!) and cross-country skiing with the kiddos later in the week. Abby and Isaac were SO excited to go skiing with us. Here's Isaac beaming before we even left the house - in pure bliss just because he got to get all bundled up in his snow duds...
At the mountain, his smile just kept growing as Daddy helped his boy get all geared up.
And then, the action... Isaac only went skiing once last year, and then he only made it for a few minutes, so this was really his first time out on the hill. He was GREAT. He giggled and talked to himself the entire time and kept getting distracted by wanting to eat the snow.

Abby skied farther and longer and more difficult terrain than she ever had, I think it helped to have her little brother there. She kept saying, "I can ski faster than Isaac because I've been skiing since I was one." The little show-off.
Both kids were troopers and we had a great time skiing together as a family. But after about an hour, we lost the first kid. It was naptime and Isaac was pooped. Daddy put him in his pack and a few minutes later he was sawing logs and making his own special drool-cicles. Yum.

No comments:
Post a Comment