Yeehaw! It's Fall! Of course, we had to build upon
last year's tradition with a
Falliday kickoff on this, the eve of Fall! Abby spent Sunday afternoon creating the banner, Ben fired up the grill, and I dusted off the camera (yes, I admit, I've been neglecting this blog in a horrible way for the past few weeks) for a BBQ with the neighbors. (Many of whom were
Falliday First-timers; they took this strange made-up holiday in stride and we had a fantastic night!)

Perhaps the greatest part about
Falliday is that it doesn't really exist (outside of our little realm, of course) so there are no ground rules, no expectations - you can do whatever the heck you want in the name of fall. Tonight, we discovered a little gem that I CAN NOT BELIEVE I overlooked last year. Any time you do art, with a fall twist, you (of course) call it, "Fall Art" - or, abbreviated: "
F'ART!"

We got a few giggles as the kids did their leaf rubbings and then proudly displayed their "
F'Art" projects. (I love this holiday!)

These little nuggets are actually
Falliday Veterans - they were here last year, in the womb. I think they enjoyed themselves a bit more this year...more wiggle room.


Tate and his
fam are already used to their crazy new neighbors. They fit right in.

The kids had a great time playing and laughing.

These two posers are displaying their disgust at my insistence on sticking the camera in
everyone's faces all night long.

This guy doesn't mind one
bit!

Or this girl...When the sun went down, we felt the first chill of the season. Thank goodness for the hot chocolate buffet - with fall marshmallows, of course.



After the feast, Stan busted out the guitar and entertained the troops with children's songs and even instruments for the kids. Isaac was glued.

Tessa rocked out with the
maracas.

Isaac even strummed a few lines.

We have such awesome neighbors!




Just when we thought the fun was over, Kristopher busted out his
new found talent - making balloon animals. The kids went wild.

...and so did
JennyJo. Her reactions were so sincerely euphoric at these amazing creations, that Kristopher produced her very own custom balloon hat.

I think she liked it.

SWORD FIGHT!


Happy Falliday Everyone!
...can't wait to see what Falliday Day 2 brings our way...
2 comments:
Your Neighborhood sounds fun!! I'm Jealous!! Also Abby, I am LOVING the banner, seriously want me some original Abby Artwork. If I ever throw a Falliday Party I will have to get you to do the banner. :)
once again...thanks for letting us crash falliday. Or maybe you can consider us "falling leaves." Very fallish I dare say. also, nice taht you titled my picture nacho. You may be receiving nacho's on your porch at any time...you have been warned. :)
Post a Comment