This morning, we ate breakfast with the birds at Tracy Aviary. Ben is on the architectural team for a new feature there, so we attended this fundraiser to help promote and celebrate the project. Abby and Isaac were thrilled to be greeted by the aviary mascot - Mr. Pelican. They couldn't keep their eyes off him - but sure didn't want to get close to him...he's pretty scary, I guess.
This is the closest Isaac would get.
The kids were amazed by all the yummy food presented to them during the gourmet breakfast, and weren't quite sure what to eat...until they saw the chocolate-dipped croissants! Now that is my kind of breakfast food! Mmmmmmm...
After breakfast, the aviary was open to invited guests only - so we had the place to ourselves, complete with a bird show. One of the hawks decided to fly away during the show - that made it quite exciting.
Isaac kept yelling, "DUCK! DUCK!" at every feathered creature in the park. I guess it's easier to pronounce than V-u-l-t-u-r-e...
M-a-c-a-w...
P-i-n-k F-l-a-m-i-n-g-o
After the aviary, we decided to play around a bit at Liberty Park and enjoyed the nostalgia of the rides I frequented when I was a little girl. The kids loved the merry-g0-round, of course.

I guess I can't say it was all for the kids after all. Ben and I had a pretty good time on the rides ourselves.
Isaac was a little unsure of the Ferris Wheel.
But was in HEAVEN in the fire truck! He could have continued rolling around and around in circles in that thing all day.
Abby didn't mind it either.
And finally, if Isaac had any say in the matter, we definitely saved the best for last...the water!
The kids exuberantly splashed, climbed and explored the canyons and streams of Salt Lake - squealing with delight and chasing each other around the entire time.
Isaac was NOT pleased when we told him it was time to go. But he quickly recovered when we allowed him to walk back to the car in only a diaper. (He's discovered the joy of nudity lately...a problem we work on without much success, but that's another blog altogether.)
We barely made it out of the parking lot before he crashed. A sure sign of a successful morning!
1 comment:
It's just not fair that the sometimes exhausted driver can't just crash out like the passengers can. WHat great shots of your kids having simple yet pure fun. Loved the birds too. hehehe
Post a Comment