Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Abby!

May 29th, 2004 - on a stormy Friday evening, Ben and I went to dinner and a movie. All through the movie we were timing contractions - 4 minutes apart - very distracting. After the movie, we went home, packed our bags and headed to the hospital. 14 long hours later, we welcomed this beautiful little girl into our family. For the first few months of her life, like all new parents we just couldn't stop staring at her. From the very first moments of her life, we realized that we would never be the same. I scrolled through our archived photos tonight and laughed as I looked back at how quickly the years have gone by. She has grown up so fast. I've selected a few favorites for you to enjoy.











Fast forward to 2008. Here is Abby on her fourth birthday. Big enough now to read the instructions for her very own birthday cake, measure out the ingredients, break the eggs and even use the mixer all by herself!

For her birthday this year, what she wanted most was her very own scriptures. What kid wants their own scriptures for their birthday?! Of course, we obliged. She LOVES them and insists that we read them as a family every single night. She listens very carefully, asks good questions and remembers the stories the next day. When the day of festivities and celebration was over, this is how I found her in her bed when I went to tuck her in.
Abby Jayne, Happy Birthday sweetheart! You are my best little friend, my favorite little shadow and I don't know how I could stand to make it though a day without you. I am so proud of what a smart, sweet, silly little girl you have become and can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you.



1 comment:

YbsisKaren said...

Life it too short not to enjoy every moment. 3 wks ago a young friend of ours was killed in a car accident. She was only 16. A woman of the world! But now an Angel of God. Check out my blog to see my tribute. www.ybsis.blogspot.com