So, I must admit that on the day after Halloween when I turned on the radio and heard Christmas music, I was a bit bugged. It seemed VERY premature when it was still beautiful fall weather outside. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I say, "BRING IT ON!" We spent the day after Thanksgiving deckin' the halls of the Lowry home. Ben spent most of the afternoon up on the ladder in the front yard transforming our big sycamore trees into glowing orbs of light. Our poor new neighbors who just moved in a few weeks ago had to shut their blinds against the glare. (Photo to come soon, I promise.)
The kids and I got the tree up, spread the decorations all over the house and hung the stockings with care. We were going to stick with the tradition that the littlest family member got to be the one to put the star on top of the tree, but that seemed to cause more arguments and tears than anything and we decided that's not what Christmas was all about. So, we decided to do what the Savior would do and gave everyone a chance to shine. Isaac (the littlest) went first.
Then we ceremoniously removed the star, handed it to Abby and let her have a turn. Isaac was very concerned that Abby and I were going to fall off the chair, so he held on to stabilize it for us. Thank you, kind sir.Now all we need is a bit of the white stuff...
No comments:
Post a Comment