Sadly, three of the five pets we've owned this year have passed on to the other side. Jezzy the bunny, Swimmy the fish, and Will the goldfish (pictured above) did not survive their experience in our care. So, yesterday when Isaac made the gleeful announcement that he, "feeded the fish fowr you, mommy", I ran in expecting to see Cap'n Jack belly up on a nice bed of fish flakes. Indeed, the boy had emptied half a container of fish food in the bowl, and Jack seemed a bit lethargic as his water was becoming more and more septic by the minute. (This photo was taken after I'd netted out most of the flakes...)
I have a neighbor who has a well-earned nickname of "Fish Whisperer" and can bring bloated, belly-up fish back to life within days. I apparently, do not possess that same gift, but we figured if Jack can survive an Isaac attack, this little guppy might just make it a few more weeks. So we went to the store and bought him a proper home. 
Complete with pirate ship and treasure chest (his name is Captain Jack, after all!)
I have a neighbor who has a well-earned nickname of "Fish Whisperer" and can bring bloated, belly-up fish back to life within days. I apparently, do not possess that same gift, but we figured if Jack can survive an Isaac attack, this little guppy might just make it a few more weeks. So we went to the store and bought him a proper home. 
Complete with pirate ship and treasure chest (his name is Captain Jack, after all!)
Our budding cinematographer Abby worked on a little documentary about Will's funeral. Pardon the nudity...



1 comment:
I love seeing these stories about my little friends Abby and Isaac!! And Captain Jack has to be the COOLEST fish ever!! Be sure to keep me up to date on how he is doing and any adventures he may have!!
Post a Comment