Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If you want it, here it is, come and get it...

DISCLAIMER:
The following photos are posted on this blog prior to the email I've been promising my (somewhat patient) friend Aurelie for over a month now...just to mess with her a bit...ha ha ha. I believe the song goes, "If you want them, Here they are, come and get 'em but you better hurry cause they're goin' fast..."

My awesome neighbor has come a LONG way in her party planning abilities. At first a bit hesitant to go overboard on her celebrations, she resisted frivolous wrappings, overblown bashes, and sugar-crazed party-goers. But on Superbowl Sunday 2009, I got a phone call that proved she had turned over a new leaf. It went something like this:
Aurelie: "So, you watchin' the game?"
Me: "Game?"
Aurelie: "Good, do you know anyone who is having a birthday today?"
Me: "No"
Aurelie: "Hmmm, anyone's half-birthday?" (She's big into those...Summer birthday girl - go figure.)
Me: "Nope"
Aurelie: "Well, who needs a reason? I feel like having an anti-Superbowl, everybody party. My place. 6:00 PM. Your kids are invited; I'm calling JennyJo."
Of course, I was in.
She greeted her little party guests like this:

Since it was nobody's REAL birthday, she decided we would celebrate every child's FAKE birthday. It was quite a hit with the little ones.

First, we loaded the cake with candles and sang to all of them together. After the candles were blown out, it was a flurry of little arms as the kids raced to lick the yummy frosting off of each candle.
Isaac was not too thrilled with his choice to EAT the candle, rather than just lick the icing... Live and learn, little buddy...live and learn.

Of course, each little Faux-birthday girl and boy deserved their moment in the spotlight, so we placed their recently cleaned candles back in their own slice, lit them back up and sang to each and every one.
Happy Birthday Tessa!
Happy Birthday Isaac!


"BLEGH!!! These candles STILL taste nasty, even when they're on my very own slice!"Happy Birthday Stuey!
Happy Birthday Abby!

Happy Birthday Ali!

Happy Birthday Tyson!
Our party planner even made cute party gifts for each little star!
PLAYDOUGH!!!
They spent the rest of the evening rolling, smashing, blending, rolling, molding, and eating (okay, only Isaac on that last one) the fantastic stuff!









Happy Faux-Birthday, and thanks for a FANTASTIC party!

I'm proud of you Aurelie. Very proud. (sniff, sniff)

...can't wait until July 4th? 6th? 15th? whenever...

1 comment:

Aurelie said...

Thanks Mrs. Lowry. I had the best teacher a girl could ever hope for.